- In Nursery, Pre-K, and Kindergarten, our students begin to discover books as cultural objects. They listen to stories and analyze the pictures, both overall composition, and specific details.
- During Library time they are exposed to the whole of children’s literature, both fiction and non-fiction, in order to encourage their interest in reading, develop their imagination, and reinforce their budding language skills.
- Maternelle students can borrow 2 books at a time, one in French and one in English, to take home and read on their own or with family members.
Elementary and Middle School
- Spending time at the library encourages our older students to regularly explore a wide range of literary works and discover new favorites—from both contemporary children’s literature and the classics—both independently and as part of small groups.
- Novels, biographies, and histories from across the globe introduce them to different perspectives and cultures while building their research skills.
- Students in 1st through 8th grade can select up to 3 items at a time, in French and in English.
Access the online catalog
The École’s Library is accessible online via e-sidoc, the online Library Catalog. The e-sidoc site provides the students and the teaching staff with an online information and research platform. The e-sidoc search engine offers a single, standardized, intuitive access to multiple digital resources—online news, dictionaries, image banks, etc.—all at the same time.