The École is an independent, French-American bilingual school serving an international community of Maternelle-to-Middle School students in New York City’s Flatiron District in Manhattan. The school offers a bilingual academic program and has a student body of more than 265 students from Pre-Nursery through 8th Grade (ages 2-13).
We are looking for candidates for the position of Full-time American Elementary Teacher for the 2022-2023 school year.
Responsibilities include teaching language arts, social studies, math, and science in English, as well as working closely with a French counterpart to harmonize the French and English curricula and co-teach bilingual lessons.
Teaching Duties include:
- Teaching English language arts, math, and social studies to Elementary students
- Amending and developing curricula as necessary
- Accommodating students with individual needs
- Keeping accurate records and grades, effectively communicating with students and families in a timely manner.
- Other duties: recess/lunch supervision, study hall
- Teaching certificate and/or advanced degree.
- At least two years of recent experience teaching elementary school.
- Innovative and engaging approach to teaching, strong collaborative skills, a passion for teaching children, and experience with technology.
- Experience in bilingual/dual language and international, independent education.
- Familiarity with the Reading and Writing Workshop model.
- Proficiency in French is an asset but not required.
Salary range of $52,000-$75,000 depending on education and experience, as well as benefits. Position starts August 24, 2022.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter, detailed resumé, education philosophy, and a list of three references to the head of school firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Interview on-site, by phone, or via Skype/Zoom