The École is an independent, French-American bilingual school serving an international community of Maternelle-to-Middle School students in New York City’s Flatiron District. The school offers an academic, bilingual program and has a student body of more than 300 students from Pre-Nursery through 8th Grade (ages 2-14).
We are currently recruiting a Human Resources (HR) & Personnel Assistant to oversee and manage all Human Resources functions at our school.
The École HR & Personnel Assistant’s responsibilities focus on supporting our employees by maintaining updated records, preparing and administering compensation and benefits packages, and onboarding new hires. Ultimately, The École HR & Personnel Assistant fosters a healthy workplace by ensuring our HR procedures run smoothly at all times. S/He works closely with the Accounting & Payroll Manager and is the entry point for ADP/Paycom and for our health insurance broker, as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer routine HR inquiries from employees promptly and facilitate general employee issues with the help of our partners: Health Insurance, ADP, Paycom, Legal Consultants…
- Update employee records with new hire information and/or changes in employment status
- Collect and track days off, sick days, and hourly employees' timesheets and share them with the Accounting & Payroll Manager
- Consolidate and update the Staff Handbook.
- Plan, develop, and conduct training and professional development programs, in conjunction with the Head of School.
Compensation and Benefits
- Manage compensation and benefits packages and keep track of them
- Administer health insurance plans and retirement plans, including French teachers' plans
- Inform employees about additional benefits they’re eligible for (e.g extra vacation days)
- Is the contact person for our health insurance broker, understand the benefits and policy of the different plans, and is fully informed of any changes to be implemented
- Liaise with the Accounting & Payroll Manager to estimate future costs and advise the Head of School on choices to make
Hiring and Onboarding
- Process background checks for new employees
- Assist with immigration and visa process support when needed
- Conduct new employee orientation and on-boarding
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
Required Qualifications and Experience
- BSc/MSc in Human Resources or relevant field
- At least a 3-year proven work experience as an HR Specialist or HR Generalist
- Strong interpersonal skills with a clear focus on customer service, internal and external
- Great problem-solving abilities
- Excellent understanding of full-cycle recruiting
- Solid knowledge of labor legislation
- Excellent Microsoft skills (Excel, Word essential) and at ease with Google Workspace
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality where appropriate
- Excellent communication skills: verbal and written
- Previous experience of working within school and good understanding of the independent school sector
- Hands-on experience with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- Knowledge of Paycom is a plus
- French language is a plus
The position starts September/October 2023.
ANNUAL SALARY RANGE
- $60,000 - $70,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
HOURS OF WORK & VACATIONS
- 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- 15 vacation days + 3 weeks during school breaks (2 weeks of Winter break + 2nd week of April break)
- Public holidays as listed on the school calendar
- 5 sick days + 2 personal days
- Health insurance
- Possibility to work from home on specific days of the week / school breaks
Please send a CV/resume and a detailed cover letter to our head of school at careers@theEcole.org