Part-time School Life Assistant (15.5 hours per week)
Under the supervision of the Deputy Head of The École, the School Life Assistant performs a variety of non-teaching duties requiring the exercise of good judgement, the ability to get along well with students and families, to show proficiency in team working, with staff and teachers.
He/She is responsible for the supervision of students and student activities outside the classroom and for maintaining order in school buildings or other locations the students visit.
Work requires the employee to be able to maintain discipline among students in a courteous but firm manner and act as a representative of the school towards parents, prospective families and any other external person.
The School Life Assistant’s responsibilities at The École include the following but are not limited to:
- Getting to know the students and their parents / family
- Get to know the children and communicate with them regularly to create a positive rapport an be able to talk with them about their misbehavior
- May function as a representative for students to bring issues/concerns to the attention of teachers, counselors, and administration
- Actively supervising the students during lunch, recess (indoor and outdoor), day care and after school
- Moving groups of students in a timely and orderly manner using stairs
- Guide students safely across streets and intersections
- Ensure students are behaving well and safely
- Being attentive to the needs of the students, including their emotional and physical safety
- Handling emergencies when needed
- Being recognized by the students as an authority figure
- Ensure lunch preparation: check the delivery from the caterer, plating and serving on time, and cleaning of the lunch room
- Ensure students attend their after-school activity and that external contractors are present and on time
- Support other staff members as needed (librarian, accounting, teachers…)
- Demonstrate a good interaction with families and parents volunteers
- May function as a "guide" for prospective families who wish to tour the school
Preferred but not required:
- Fluency in French – speaking, writing and reading
- Experience in overseeing the activities of children and/or teenagers is desirable.
- Experience in an international, bilingual, or dual language program
- Possessing a Therapeutic Crisis Intervention Certificate
Position starts ASAP.
Candidates should send detailed resume and cover letter to jobs@theEcole.org