The École is an independent, French-American bilingual school serving an international community of Maternelle-to-Middle School students in New York City’s Flatiron District. The school offers an academic, bilingual program and enrolls more than 300 students from Pre-Nursery through 8th Grade (ages 2-13). We are currently seeking a part-time French as an Additional Language teacher (FLE) at the pre-school level.
- Dynamic, interactive approach to teaching.
- Enthusiasm for international education.
- An open mind and passion for collaborating with colleagues.
- At least two years of recent experience teaching French as a Second/Additional Language (FLE) to children
- Certification in France.
- Ability to work in the US
- Crafting and delivering challenging and engaging lessons that encourage critical thinking in collaboration with classroom teachers and following our curriculum.
- Collaborating with colleagues to create interdisciplinary and bilingual projects.
- Differentiating instruction and assessment as appropriate according to student needs.
- Altering and adjusting lessons and curriculum in consultation with coordinators and administration.
- Careful assessment and documentation of student progress
- Clear and regular communication with parents and administration through conferences, meetings, and email.
Proficiency in English is required.
Hourly pay range of $45-$65 depending on education and experience. Possibility to teach After-School activities available. Position starts August 22, 2022.
Please send a CV or résumé and cover letter summarizing your approach to teaching and learning, as well as a list of references we may contact to careers@theEcole.org